PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2012, 08:14
Lancair70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used my iPad and Ozrunways for the first time using the latest version today and the first time Ive used the flight planner to build and fly a route. Previously Ive only used it for day VFR, using DCT TO function and ERSA etc as applicable to VFR ops.
Im still learning and todays use was as a PAX (sitting in RHS) on a SE IFR flight.

I have a few questions I hope the collective brains may be able to answer.

When using the get winds function for flight planning, it works great, if there's only one area of winds in the arfor. When there became a divided arfor for winds (on updating at mid-way stop, ie: updated ARFOR), it chose to use the winds from area B as listed on the ARFOR, which was not the area I was flying in. Can this be corrected ? Did I miss a cue to select area for winds ? As it turns out both weren't accurate, no surprises there really.

There appears no way to add alternate fuel in the fuel calcs, there's a box but no way to enter it or specify a leg in the plan as an ALT ?

During flight A080 Ozrunways had trouble to get info via 3G, even over towns which have 3G service ? Once or twice it updated in flight, yet I could get updates on my iPhone via NAIPS and BOM Radar at the same time ? Yes its a 3G iPad, not linking thru my phone, which I found was hit and miss if it worked properly so went back to using the iPad pre-paid.

Andrew