PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information Needed on PPL to comercial pilot road.
Old 21st Dec 2002, 03:10
imagine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Information Needed

Hello all, before I start, I just hope this is the right forum (was either this or the Wannabe forum).

Anyway; I've always been interested in flying but would really like to continue it as a career as a commercial pilot rather than just a hobby (reason why I was confused where to post it). I have no licence at present, and am only really going to start after uni (if I don't drop out! ) in about 2 and a half years time.

The problem is that I have no idea on where to start. I've visited the British Airways website and seen their pilot training scheme et al, which all seem to be non-existant at the moment, so I'm pretty stuck. I have the qualifications needed, according to theirs, and many other sites, to which I'm already qualified academically. So what would be the best starting point to get into the career of commercial piloting (besides the RAF )?

Would I be better getting a PPL before looking for aviation firms? Do I really need physics and maths qualifications above GCSE standard (rumours I've heard) ? I presume just wearing glasses for driving and such won't mean automatic rejection *hope*? Plus anymore relevant things someone could inform me on.

As you can see, I'm clueless, which isn't a good sign I suppose. So I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks .