PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2012, 21:27
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello AZR

As we know that no overspeed condition was recorded on flight AF447, trying to explain the events as the consequence of an overspeed is null and void.

Well. Yes, we have been told no overspeed condition was recorded. I am not declaring there was an overspeed, and am merely musing, as you see: "IF in zoom, etc.."

I do not have the authority to declare, or conclude, it is not my job. I am writing here by the permission of the website's owners, and am grateful for the opportunity. Neither is it my intention to insult, or libel.....

As I write, I need to amend my remarks. I am unsure whether we have been told anything relative to a potential overspeed. I think assumptions have been made due to the absence of reportage of an a/c commanded ascent; My sense is that BEA considers their work incomplete, and the final will not even exclude some possibilities, remote though they may be. By its nature, exclusion of some admittedly quite unlikely occurrences cannot be used to conclude anything, perhaps ever...

Instead of taking offense, or personalizing the posts, one could comment on the possibilities of certain potentials, without judgment, or "agreement/disagreement", since as I say, they are conjectural.

A while back, I discussed methods relative to investigations in which I had been involved. Essentially adversarial in nature, they are not intended to offend, only to energize, and get the neurons firing. This thread is in no way regarding reputation or standing, though you may think different. At least for me. I will step on an A330 tomorrow, or any day, it is safe far beyond my parameters, or any rational person's. This accident was of course an amazingly rare event, as it is expected to be.

Last edited by Lyman; 24th May 2012 at 21:35. Reason: shpelling....