PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RE: "RE:'89 warning"
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2002, 00:04
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'89ersmate

First up I really do appreciate your attempt to defuse the angst, that surrounds the '89 issue in this Forum, I always intended to respond but life is a little busy at the moment.

Why did I close the Thread and delete the URL?

It goes something like this;

Part the First:

It was never my intention to censor or ban the discussion of '89, PPRuNe has never done so beyond trying to keep ourselves and/or the individuals concerned out of the courts.

If I may reiterate Rob Lloyds thoughts on the matter.

Despite Woomera's repeated attemts to clarify the situation for those determined not to understand this thread still continues along predictable lines.

History - personal and factual yes - abuse never.

Recent case law in Australia, for those of you following the press, exposes me and Danny even further than ever before. Our names and addresses are a matter of public record for us to be able to run this site for you.

Every time one of you presses the submit button our houses and livelhoods ride on the contents you transmit. The level of abuse and invective regarding '89 puts us in the position of knowing that someone will take us to the courts. However, they can't argue with facts so they are entirely welcome.

We happen to think that the Woomera team is the single most effective and tolerant one anywhere on the site. Since giving you the multiple forums we in the UK have allowed them to run their own ship entirely unhindered but Danny and I are putting the Australian forums on notice.

Ignore the policies created by your own, local moderators and Danny and I will take it personally. Australian case law and precedent now endangers our personal liberty and freedom more than any other country in the world.

Any of you willing to lose your home just so one foreigner can slag off another??

Regards from the Towers
Rob Lloyd
As it often does the debate was again becoming much too willing, I don't need to go chapter and verse on this and needed a reality check. My inbox volume is a pretty good barometer.

And I also happen to have a bit of an affection for Maison Woomera.

Part the Second:

From a purely legal and self protective viewpoint hosting a thread that points to another site, that hosts that which what we are trying to avoid here, amounts to the same thing.
WE are still exposed.
In case you didn't get that, It's the same as saying we can't sell you drugs/guns or whatever at this address, but if you go there.............?

Any of you willing to lose your home just so one foreigner can slag off another??
Part the Third:

In so far as '89 the subject is concerned I believe it rightly belongs here.
Not because we want, need or even have ownership of it, but because '89 needs to remain in the context of Australian aviation overall for it to make any sense of the subsequent events.
And that is what happens here.
Also perhaps of equal importance, as a history lesson to the youngsters who weren't there and trying to make their way in the aviation world.

In any event "advertising" of yours or any site without approval, is prohibited and in this case even if you paid for it, for the above reasons.

By all means keep the site going, those who want to, will find their way there, but they will not get any help doing so from here.