PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2012, 18:00
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy do...

When an ADR is recovered, is high speed stability regained?

hello......

Doze

[EDIT : A "soft" Overspeed protection is available in Alt1, but it can be overridden by pilot input - if you're attempting to suggest that the PF got mixed up between Alt1 and Alt2, then I don't think it's likely - because the inputs made were sufficient to override the "soft" protection. ]

I am attempting to suggest that the aircraft got it mixed up.... If the aircraft is in zoom, having been triggered by Overspeed, does the THS trim automatically, or is elevator sufficient and does that explain the "hiatus" of the THS in the initial ascent? Why would the Protection need AUTOTRIM? (Trying to think like a programmer....) BTW, how would NU inputs by the PILOT defeat similar input from the soft protection, they too would be commanding Nose UP. Or is there a nose up protection from additives? He said, facetiously....

Also, if active (they were), would flight directors show the order, explaining PF's "following the climb"? Pushing the bars up into the zoom trajectory?

If in zoom, (entering zoom), would the solution trigger STALLSTALL? "What was that?" Now, how do I explain the lack of OVERSPEED alert? Because I think it unlikely that the initial STSALLSTALL was produced by the pilot's inputs, he is limited in PITCH. The aircraft 'protection pilot' is not.....

Otto and Bonin, too many chefs spoil the souffle?

Doze?

Last edited by Lyman; 24th May 2012 at 19:40.