PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seattle, gateway to Whistler
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2012, 13:59
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Skiing.

... For helping me with my point.
So it seems EK doesn't have a domestic market at all. They are serving And benefitting themselves at the behest of their neighbors. And I'm curious why you conveniently left out India? Let's not forget S Africa and every other country in the region. God help you if the Indians alone decide they want their share back. Lol, I have seen the pax you have out of any NAmerican city. It's almost 100% Indian.

The point is there is not enough "domestic" UAE traffic to give MORE flights to EK. Again in reiteration, no one can say Canada is not sharing the market with you already. It was just determined that it's probably more fair to give the rights to some of these other counties.

Of course every airline has a certain percent of foreign traffic. Again - semantics.

You say AC has to get its "----" together. From where I stand i have more respect there than EK. And NO, I don't work there. I would defend them before any ME airline. They struggle because fortunately for the Canadians, labor law income taxes and human rights etc take a greater portion of the equation. But that's not new to any western country. You might be padding your bank account working over there, but from what I read, you are paying for it.

Tell me, where do you think EK would be if it didn't have oil in the region? If the Emiratis actually had to work for their money like everyone else?

Last edited by 555orange; 24th May 2012 at 14:11.