PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Cessna Special Inspections Documents (SIDs)
Old 24th May 2012, 07:10
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the maintenance of our aeroplanes (not Cessnas) we always went above and beyond what was *required*. We even removed the engine and mount to inspect for corrosion and repaint. The reason was that the rest of the aeroplane was in superb condition and this brought the front end up to a known similar condition and made it look nice. I don't remember the cost now, it was a few years ago, but it was by no means horrific for that portion of the work.

Actually you can remove the engine yourself....on our current aeroplane, when rebuilding the thing, me and the co-owner assisted with removing the engine, and then took the mount off ourselves, shot blasted it ourselves, had it inspected and then re-painted. We put the bolts back in but got the maintenance organisation to torque the bolts and and re-fit the engine and inspect.

I'd rather have a known quantity in the aeroplane that an unknown quantity, and doing this type of thing rests the mind.