PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I turned down Cathay Pacific (SO Transition)
Old 24th May 2012, 05:07
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airkid.... You're right in some ways. This is the standard of applicant CX seek:
I wonder what level of education they have, probably high school
because experience, credentials let alone 1 single hour of flight training is not needed. What you endorse, support and subscribe to by hoping to join CX under such circumstances speaks volumes of your own standards, not those of others.

If it weren't for those turning down the offer (i.e. those with thousands of hours of experience as Capt and FO in GA, regional, international ops in piston, turbine and jet aircraft) then you and cohorts would be chasing something else fast and easy without the need for credentials or experience. And, if you do have such experience, then more the shame you. In fact it took this iCadetship for so many of these "passionate" wannabe aviators to even try to be a pilot. Such "passion" didn't exist before the standards for applicants was so low.

People in the know tell you and others the truths. But you deem all that experience and knowledge as below your own naive, selfish and ignorant wants.

If selected you're not the best of the best but the cheapest option. Nothing more, nothing less.