PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2012, 00:09
ANCDU

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
timer88, i understand your frustration but i think you need to realise that times have changed since Strong was at the helm. There is very little brand loyalty anymore (which isn't helped of course by grounding an airline!) and unfortunately the majority of people don't see travelling on an airline as an adventure anymore...but as a chore to get somewhere. Most people won't pay extra to fly on QANTAS, they see the cabin crew as old and rude, the ground staff as old and rude...and the aircraft as even older. Of course this isn't the reality but thats just the way QANTAS is seen these days. I think in a way its actually how AJ and co. want the airline to be seen.

You pay cheap money for a LCC you know the service etc will be crap, but at least you got a ticket for cheaper than it costs to park your car at the airport. Thats all most people care for at the moment. Is it wrong? Of course but thats just competition, the internet and the way people are these days.

Qantas needed something to be done, it is a rudderless ship at the moment, and i believe AJ is under increasing pressure to do something. The best thing at the moment would be a strong alliance with Emirates, It would end the capacity dumping into and around Australia, provide a big boost to domestic and give the airline a massive network out of the middle east.

It also needs a change in CEO, no airline can prosper in a service industry when the staff have the level of disrespect, disengagement and mistrust in its leader as exists in Qantas at the moment.