PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash near Bude, Cornwall: 24th July 2011
Old 23rd May 2012, 20:31
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe it is my English at fault here . I thought I made it quite clear that I would NOT EVER go imc by myself as I am not qualified and would surely die . All the instrument flying I have done in singles and ME has been with a instructor or very very high time instrument rated pilot . When my son is plunged into it , as I was , he will have the same pilots . I am grateful for all the concern re my well being but can assure you I have flown on and off for 30 yrs In some very difficult terrain and weather and have always remained vmc or landed ( which I have done on many occasions ). The point I have tried to make obviously is not getting there so maybe things should be left as they are because all must be ok with the training and advice we give ppl,s . If I become a statistic it will not be from being Gung Ho I assure you .... I just believe saying don't do something is NOT enough , people need to feel and sense the repercussions of their actions by going into it . Again each to his own ...

Last edited by nigelh; 23rd May 2012 at 20:33.