PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:53
timer88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Empire4 :read my message before reply

Empire4, a slave driver! read my message before you reply,( I would like to start the following two historical facts:
1. Mr James Strong,our CEO between 1994-2000, took the job of merging TN and QF and floated the Qantas on the market. During his tenure, Qantas expanded its network (China, SFO, South America), Qantas did not employe one overseas pilot, one overseas cabin crew, one overseas flight engineer during his 6 years tenure and Qantas made real profit as QF paid dividend every year during his tenure.

2. Using the labor cost in China as a benchmark, the wage cost of pilots and cabin crew in 1994 was probably 10 times lower than the wage cost of today in China, so economically, does it make more sense to outsourcing all those jobs in 1994 instead of outsourcing them today?

however, I do not have much hope to persuade people like you. Make it simple, let me ask you a very basic question? Shall we go back to slavery in order to be more productive and profitable? I mean let's make people work for nothing, does that make you happy now? Real Human wealth is created by advancement of technology not by slavery , a decent civil society should have decent standard labor law to ensure the working people can get a fair share of the wealth they create. Name me one country which is civil and wealthy but has no decent labor law.

Last edited by timer88; 23rd May 2012 at 14:57.