PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:53
Arch Angelos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just thought I'd share my experience. Just got my rejection email today from Rex. Went up there (twice) for two first round interviews at Wagga (yeah I am confused as you guys are).

Anyway, before you all attack I know full well what the cadetship potentially involves, costs, the ICUS program; alas, I went up.
First interview following their WOMBAT test was a pretty standard HR interview.
Second interview still has me bedazzled, it was 20 minutes long with one of their management guys, asking basically the same questions as the first interview. My interviewer was also changed last minute without me actually knowing, not sure why this happened.

I am about 3/4 of the way to my CPL and I have a feeling the hours I had has something to do with being rejected. I am more upset about being brought up there twice than missing out on the cadet program. Interview was on the 24th of April and it took them over 4 weeks to respond to me to tell me I hadn't made the cut, didn't think that was fair.

Oh well, that's aviation for you, win very few and lose alot as they say. I'll continue with my training and head up North. 5 more ATPLs to go, IREX and a MECIR and we'll see how we go.
Will not be letting this phase me after I left my boring office job, flying is all I think about everyday and I will go anywhere to do it.

For all those successful..well done?