PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seattle, gateway to Whistler
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2012, 07:48
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your talking semantics skiing, and that's not a good basis for your argument in my opinion. EK-EY are seen as one in the same to the market. You are an hours drive apart, and essentially serve the same market. Because you divided the 6 flights per week between you is totally up to the govt of the UAE. Qatar is largely seen as serving the same market as well, being an hour flight away, so i believe my point stands.

I cannot confirm this, but I personally believe Qatar was given rights over the UAE because firstly Qatar didn't have a piece of the pie yet, and second, Canada didn't like the way the UAE was trying to hold Canada hostage with the military base issue.

It seems to me the flights were and are there to be had, and we're given to others.

Qatar has the same intentions as the UAE when it comes to expanding their airline... And being geographically so close, and having such a similar footprint in terms of overall dynamics... The question still stands... Why give the flights to Qatar over EK-EY?