PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Group - New Airline Structure
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2012, 04:53
EWP

What a sad and sorry mess, no spin in the world will ever justify the reason why JB was let go - that was the moment Qantas died. It is dead.... The rot comes from the top down and permeates all departments...corruption, collaboration, vilification, malignment and fear. Backstabbing....need I go on?

The sooner it all merges, get's sold or disappears the better. The existing carcass and husk of what was a wonderful airline with wonderful workers is an embarassment to their testament as people with integrity and worth.

This is one of the most disgraceful chapters in Australian Aviation history...the death of another aviation icon. Could anyone imagine if JB was at the helm?

It was always predictable that the business would be split and cut and sold. Qantas International is finished, a pyrrhic victory for Joyce and the board.

People who are not prepared to stand up for something, stand to fall for anything. One of the biggest complaints I hear these days is that a single person can’t make a difference. I think that’s a cop-out, an excuse not to try. The trouble is, too many people believe it. Too many people are willing to ignore their principles because it’s the easy thing to do. EVERYONE can make a difference. If you believe in something, let it guide you. Don’t settle for less.

And don’t give up, just because it’s easier than trying. Sounds a bit like a JFK speech however current Qantas management need to be stood up to - the bullying and corruption make it the circus it is...beyond a laugh.