PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Group - New Airline Structure
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2012, 04:17
2Plus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
767...99% domestically operated and by all accounts from on high, doing its fair share bringing in the profits for domestic ops. Or, being on the LH award, is it therefore part of the pox that is QF International? Who will they answer to come July? And the 787? You can bet your arse the 78', if it ever comes, won't be anywhere near legacy LH rates. So, who's banner will it come under?

600ft makes a good point. Who'll pay for, and who'll get what? Who'll pay the fuel bill when a 330 goes to PER? Who'll pay the guys and girls on the ground? Who'll pay for the tug? (Is it expensive? I wouldn't know. ) Who's going to pay for the real estate when QF international moves to T2/T3? How much capital belongs to International? How will the cash reserves be divvied up, assuming there's any left after the new CEO positions. Speaking of which, were any of the 600 odd engies who have just been told to piss off, invited to be interviewed for these new positions?

You can bet your bottom dollar if JQ was bleeding money as bad as QF International allegedly is, they wouldn't cut it loose and make it fend for itself like they're doing to QF int. Oh, hang on, sorry I forgot, JQ does pay its own bills.
....bul(cough)hit!

It's just the next stage of the grand plan. Domestic cost base isn't so bad. So sell or fold QF international, along with it's legacy awards. Then if need be, start it up later with the new, significantly lower market rates. "Ahh, it's all coming along so swimmingly. Yes thanks, Dicko, I will have another!"

Last edited by 2Plus; 23rd May 2012 at 04:20.