PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay To Close Bases
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2012, 03:22
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mooseflyer

I don't know what planet you and Westcoastcapt have been living on, however I suspect it is a planet that doesn't involve 747s and AOA membership.

Some basic facts on Freighter PX' ing.

1. The company's long held view has been that they can roster any of us on the Freighter. Whilst they may, at their sole discretion, change individual trips to passenger aircraft, the pilot had to fly as ordered or face a "missed duty".

2. The AOA threatened legal action in 2009 and put forward a series of settlement proposals where pilots volunteered to PX on the Freighter in return for greater credit. The company rejected this proposal.

3. As a preliminary to Legal Action a number of pilots individually lodged D&G proceedings with CP747, with varying degrees of success. These D&Gs did result in those handful of pilots being excluded from Freighter PX'ing. Buoyed by a modicum of success, earlier this year, the AOA threatened a mass D&G leading to litigation.

4. In response to the mass D&G and litigation threat you received an email from the GMA on 10 May. The AOA's recommendation is not to sign the waiver and they remain ready to negotiate a better deal for all pilots, including you. Many in the union would like to see all PX'ing attract 1:1 credit to discourage poor rostering. Besides you are in uniform and on duty, why not get paid for it?

5. The company expects pilots rostered to PX on the Freighter in June to do so. What would happen to someone who refused to do so is uncertain.

6. The position regarding OZ and Canadian based pilots is unclear.

Any notion that pilots have ever been able to refuse to PX on the Freighter is fanciful. I heard guys talk it, but only seen I guy try it and it didn't end well.

It would be nice if the next post was from an OZ or Canadian based pilot who has an educated view on their position..... Please.....

Last edited by Liam Gallagher; 23rd May 2012 at 05:54.