PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now Lion Air wants to make money out of jobless pilots from India
Old 23rd May 2012, 01:50
nostep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saab Capt when you think about becoming a pilot in any country, do you think just by getting your CPL it gives the right to demand a job flying straight away, or do you do some due diligence to work out your career path, Plus its supply and demand, in India what I read to many Cpls not enough jobs,so you answer your own question. Same as becoming a Doctor and Lawyer. You just dont wake up in the middle of the night and say I want to become a doctor or lawyer and the next day doors will just open for you, its all about hard work.

There is plenty of jobs out there say Africa for one example, as alot of expats have down that path and got of there arses done the home work and traveled to these places, I wouldnt say all have got jobs but you have to right place right time Aviation Industry is like that.

I agree these pay to fly jobs are just pulling Pilots wages down down down, I remember not that long ago Pilots were paid more than Lawyers and Doctors, Now pilots are prostituting them selves by paying for a job but thats another war all ready fought in this forum.

Think twice before you start your career in aviation as its all about disappoints and little success. If I can could turn back time I would have stayed in school and maybe done something else.