PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet managers must be good....
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2002, 15:49
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of glum expressions and blackened visages at the coal face. A great shame, and I wish all good luck in the struggle and a hope that those responsible will not escape their comeuppance.

A couple of questions about the bonus. I assume it had to be approved by the share holders. Due to the Employees Share Option scheme we've heard about, does that not give a voice to employees at an AGM???

If they can not oppose it directly, why not a searching Paxman question about why a bonus is paid when management only do the job the're paid for and no penalty was applied after the numerous and hugely costly screw-ups over recent years? Perhaps some of the institutional investors do not know all the facts about life and costs on the inside.

Why not throw RW's own words (May easyjet magazine) back in his face; that at the core of Orange operating philosophy lie "Honesty, Equality & Transparency"?

It would seem, especailly after representation at GO from the start, that BALPA have not made much impact in their first year inside ej. Surely thay must have much more than 50% of the total now. What is going on? If they can't sort this out it does not augur well for membership expansion. In what appears to be a situation made for union intervention, we hear very little of their input.

Sympathies to the guys who deliberately chose GO over ej all those years ago.