PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vets should be awarded the Jubilee Medal.......
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:41
Old-Duffer

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
ChugaLug,

If I could only crack how to get the d7*n thing to upload, I would be delighted to publish it but having subscribed to a site that was supposed to allow me to do just that - it don't happen!

TTH,

Strictly speaking, the gong the man at the secret base in Hampshire got in GWI is oval - not round. I often said that the then prime minister, who agreed the changes in circa 1994, was only interested in making the non-commissioned ranks equal to the commissioned ones - not the other way round. I also know that there were a fairly large body of non-commissioned members of the Gallantry Medalists League who were furious at the changes which they saw as just social engineering.

Perhaps my most embarrassing moment in the medal 'scandal' was when I took precedence - still serving - over a retired officer at an event. He had more gallantry medals/crosses at the start of an impressive array than I had from raiding the cornflakes packet to collect the tokens for my little lot.

Old Duffer