PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now Lion Air wants to make money out of jobless pilots from India
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:20
Speedy737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all!!
After reading some of the posts on this thread I feel I need to put my two cents in. Initially I came here to see if I could get some info on Lion Air, but that hasn't happened!! @jetjocky, it's not really the fault of the young Indian guys putting Capt before their names. In India pretty much anyone with a pilot's license is called Capt!! I'm Indian, work in India, and think it's incredibly stupid!!! However that's all some of these guys know.
As for the Pay To Fly program...well, I personally think that it is really bad for the industry. Having the money doesn't make one a competent pilot, and there are heaps of good pilots out there that should be in the right seat because they can actually handle a heavy jet!! Flying a 737 is no joke. However, I do understand the need to get to the right seat of a big shiney 737. Still there are other jobs on the market that don't demand you paying 25 or 35 lacs, or whatever it is. Fly a caravan or twin otter, or the likes. Get your hours up and have a blast flying those machines!! The jet jobs will come your way.
Good luck to all of you!! Cheers