PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:41
VJW

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
plikee...Just to be clear my initial post was only saying that it annoys me that people see RYR as a company who will pretty much interview anyone with a licence, and that provided you pay for the training etc you'll get in. This is not the case.

I wasn't directing that initial comment to you personally, but you replied to me defending your situation.

You wrote, "Nowadays, you pay 60k€ or more for your training, don't get a job, have to pay your renewals, still don't have a job a probably you will have to pay to fly, like a TR+LT." So yes, I assumed that's what you paid, why would I assume anything else? I also didn't assume you didn't have a plan B, what I actually said was, "what is yours.'

Where I personally began to lack respect for your replies, was when you then tried to convince me and anyone else bored enough to read, that 2008 was a year where, "most of the airlines picked a LOT of low timers, such as 200 TT, when you just pay your training and then get hired." Wasn't true, as has been confirmed by other people on this thread!

If I'm right by your post there, you started training 2 years ago when you were 21. You passed everything a few months back, so I'm guessing you started around the early part of 2010. I'd be interested in the research you did before you started training in early 2010 that convinced you that you wouldn't have said this to me 1 month after completing it all, 'But it is a little demotivating when you try to knock at the door of every single company which has any aircraft and they just don't want you because they see only 200, 250, 300 hours.'

G CEXO Speaking of a load of , try re reading your post To say, 'Anyone who puts in the effort of getting a fATPL deserves a job. Period,' is so far off the mark it's laughable. I've seen people that not only have a fATPL but a job that STILL don't deserve it.

My advice, if you do get called do not take it for granted at all, and if anyone needs any advice etc I'm more then happy to answer PM's

Good luck VJW