PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash near Bude, Cornwall: 24th July 2011
Old 22nd May 2012, 07:47
toptobottom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Epiphany - that's the second time you've said "you win", yet you still come back for more! Your attitude isn't dissimilar to that of a low hours PPL in marginal weather...

I'm very lucky, I've got more money than sense and enjoy flying for fun - but I take it very seriously. I am a PPL (there, I said it) but 90% of my flying is in connection with my (non-flying) business. I got my IR 8 years ago but fly VFR almost every day, totalling around 250 hours a year. I've been doing this for over 15 years, almost all in murky UK, so I have had some practice as well as a few scary moments that made me reconsider how well eqipped I am to deal with poor Wx. I'm always eager to learn from those with more experience.

Your problem is that you've failed to grasp the key points that have been raised in this thread and your flippant contributions have diluted some important advice from experienced members - particularly for low time or arrogant pilots who, if they're lucky, might still learn something that could save their lives.