PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 22nd May 2012, 06:20
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VJW, thanks for the kind words, it’s a shame RYR recruiters don’t feel the same as you. To be honest I screwed up the sim check rotten and that’s the reason I got shown the door, no-one to blame but me not my nationality, age, the fact that I trained modular, religion, skin colour, height, weight, hair colour, the fact that my eyes are too close together or any other conspiracy theory for not getting invited to assessment or not passing the assessment. I accepted the situation and moved on which is what an awful lot of people will have to do if they are not invited to assessment or if they get rejected at the assessment stage. A lot of RYR bashers told me that I dodged a bullet by not getting in but I view as a big missed opportunity, before anyone else mentions it I’m not looking for sympathy, if I was doing that I’d open a dictionary somewhere **** and syphilis and I’d find it soon enough.

To answer the earlier comment by G CEXO, no-one is owed or deserves a job regardless of how long or hard they have worked to qualify, this is true in any business and not just aviation. There are people who work longer and harder than any CPL holder to qualify as a doctor or a lawyer who don’t have a job. Why should someone who completed their CPL with MEIR and MCC be any different?

For the record I'm big enough and definitely ugly enough to stand in front of any audience you care to nominate and present my views. I understand the frustration and impatience of many of those waiting for the call especially if they have huge loans secured by either their own or someone elses property and the bank are looking for their money but this won't change the situation.

Last edited by magicmick; 22nd May 2012 at 07:52. Reason: Added Comment