PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular in Canada or Intergrated in Europe
Old 22nd May 2012, 02:26
Elias-8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for commenting and welcoming me in your circle. I agree with you, When I studied to become a Marine navigator at school many expected to wear the uniform and work for Royal Caribbean, when they went on their practical sea term as cadets, they realized the harsh reality,1) In cruise ships you dont have the bridge to your own, everybody is navigating with you (eg. alterations of course plotting vectors, radar controls) in other words you dont really have the CON as a third officer. 2) that the jobs are in the commercial cargo ships, you get your hands dirty and you wear coveralls during loading and unloading, but you can call the shots (you get the chance to Navigate on your own when you are on watch) and u make more money. So, most of us ended up in Cargo ships....Anyway I should stop there.

I know, reality and Dream are two different things.

I don't care if i end up flying the bush or instructing. i just want to keep a dream alive on the "being an airline pilot someday" and make enough money to give a descent lifestyle. yes, i do have a Big plane syndrome. I had it since I was a kid.

I don't think I would get bored as a pilot, because when I'm navigating at sea, some times we can be steering a course for hours, even days (nothing on radar, no alterations, visibility good) I don't get bored, i just keep a good watch by all available means and that keeps me busy enough.

I've also taken a few introductory flights, I loved it. i can't imagine myself not flying, I don't care how hard I have to work.

I've already forgot about Oxford, it's just too much of a risk for me.
What about doing my ATPL f In the USA, then joining CTC wing ATP program.
I read on their website that even if I did my ATPL f with another organization, i could join and there could be a possibility to join Flexicrew. How does that sound? Could this move be a strategic way of getting both sides of the fence?

Also, does anyone know if the Aviation school standards of Canada and USA are equally respected? Do airlines favor any of them? what about Greece?
I am a newbie, so I am all ears