PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC Interview - WOMBAT TEST
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 22:01
Epiphany

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be afraid - be very afraid!

It is not so bad - just takes 2 hours which is a very long time to be playing a complicated computer game. It is designed to test your multi-tasking ability so you will be busy.

The primary task is to keep a dot in the centre of a point on the screen. It moves constantly but once you have it under control you can engage an auto hold which does the job for you. This then allows you to divert your attention to other tasks on the outside of the screen of which there are recurring numbers, rotating patterns and a couple of others which I forget. When you are trying to solve these you must keep an eye on the dot auto-hold as it often fails and you have to manually take control.

You are given 30 minutes practice and then you start the 1:30 minute test. My advice would be to do the practice then press pause and before you start the test go to the toilet, get a coffee, a drink of water or whatever you think you will need for the next 1:30 mins as you cannot stop the test.

Also take a pen and paper in with you as you can jot down the sequential numbers rather than having to remember them when you are maxed-out in the brian department.

There is no way I could see of assessing your own performance during the test. You will be given a pass or fail afterwards. I think it is designed not only as a multi-task challenge but also to test your staying power. If you want to pass do not give up. Keep at it and give 100%. If you do you will be knackered afterwards.

Once you have finished walk down the road about 200m and on the right is a great little establishment called the Beaver Bar. There you can recharge the batteries and destroy a few brain cells with beers and watch the Beavers. Before you jump to any conclusions these are float planes that depart from the river out side.

Bon chance