PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay To Close Bases
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 20:52
Westcoastcapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron Skillet,

Stop it, you're killing me. With predictions like that I look forward to any stock tips you can offer.

No seriously, I admire someone who has an opinion rather than just resorting to name calling. Not worth the effort.

Here let me offer you a little rope and see where it leads. If CX's intention is to close bases, why wait until there is a legitimate COS in place? The move to onshoring in Jan 2010 would have been an opportune time to sever ties with the Canadian bases. The longer this draws out, the more attention that is given the whole base structure. Remember the Croft's case. But perhaps of greater interest, why would CX threaten to close the CC base to secure concessions then sign a new contract for the same?

As you tangle yourself up, let me leave you with something. People continue to come even though the overall package in HKG continues to erode. What if they cut your housing by 50%. What could you or would you do? My guess is you will sign. Remember it costs a lot more to employ a pilot in HKG and on a per hour cost are more expensive.

This will keep you busy for awhile.