PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1 Sqn to Stand up at Leuchars
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 19:53
Archimedes

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
It applies to all the squadrons, TB7 - the most 'precious' is arguably 24 (first single seat fighter, unbroken service).

I do find it slightly ironic that discussions about heritage and history get dismissed as coming from knuckleheads/and anoraks (although I am a self-confessed metaphorical wearer of the latter garment), and then when efforts are made to destroy the RAF, or strip it of capabilites using arguments based upon wild factual inaccuracy or what can demonstrably be proven to be an 'interesting reinterpretation' (i.e. wilful lying) of what actually happened, it's the 'knuckleheads' who have to deploy their anorak skills while those who come onto Pprune to deride the knuckleheads are utterly unable to do anything to refute the case of the 'opposition' because they can't engage with the supposed 'facts' that make up the seemingly plausible rationale for doing something. It happened in SDR, it happened in SDSR and will doubtless happen again at the time of the next SDSR. If those who you deride as 'knuckleheads' because they have some historical interest in the service were in complete control, you'd have cause for concern - but the sad, proven fact of defence reviews is that you need some of them/us around...