PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loan And Funding For Prospective Pilots In Nigeria
Old 21st May 2012, 17:42
MamaPut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What i mean by that is i have passion for it and i will go extra miles to make the aviation industry a better place
If you genuinely have a passion for flying and want a sponsorship, you'd be prepared to be far more pro-active than you are now. Rivers State government has sponsored several indigenes for training both in USA and South Africa. You've already been told that Bristow sponsors pilots, but they only take graduates.

Going for a degree is not the issue but I would want you to also understand with me that what ever you have no interest in you can barely succeed and there is no joy,rather than doing what you are happy with,you will be ready to sacrifice a lot and give in your best to excel.
You don't need to be rich or come from a wealthy family. Whilst there are undoubtedly many Nigerian pilots who come from wealthy families, many also just come from ordinary families and one pilot who is with Bristow now is the son of a cook in an Aero Contractors guest house

You say you have no interest in a degree, but the majority of what you need to do to become a pilot is not just the fun of flying, it's the hard slog of studying for the ground exams: subjects like meteorology, navigation and aerodynamics, so why not study for a degree for a subject which could help you achieve what you claim is a passion (though you'd like to do it as a hobby ). Many of the Nigerian pilots who are now flying have degrees in mechanical engineering, aerodynamics, electrical engineering and similar science subjects relevant to aviation - some even have Masters degrees in Air Transport Management.

You should also learn to write in normal English, not text speak if you want any application letter to even get a consideration.