PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay To Close Bases
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 14:13
Iron Skillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, the good ol' "I've been here longer than you" argument....a typical logical fallacy.

As mentioned, there are only 2 bases for CX Canada pilots....you may interpret things your way, but I know which way the company will interpret that, and how much they are always willing to spend in court and for how long they will drag things out to get their way.

Why have the negotiations gone so well? Yup, because they are stuck with it. Then guess what happens as soon as the negotiations are over and the contract is in place? Do you think you work for a different company than everyone else?

So, my prediction is that once the contracts are all in place, and there are no more legally binding limitations on shutting down the company, if that's when they feel like eliminating 100 or so positions, that's how they will do it, a whole "company" at a time (not a base closure), as has been done many times before around the world. Much more savings by eliminating expensive, roster-inflexible FO's and CN's (who may return to HKG with housing one day) rather than cheap SO's with no housing. Just a thought!

You may be blinded by your hopes and dreams, but again....remember who you work for. As usual, nobody seems to notice they always have an ace up their sleeve, just like the PX letter to sign.