PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 21st May 2012, 13:56
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really plikee, I qualified in 2008 and no airlines were queuing up to recruit me. Thankfully I had a Plan B in that I was an engineer and I am still working in engineering now to provide for my family while I keep everything in date and continue searching for reliable flying employment.

I started training in 2006 when employment was relatively plentiful compared to today and I finished in May 2008 just as the current economic drama was biting (rotten timing on my part).

To get employment back in 2008/ 2009 VJW has done very well and I’m sure that he will admit he has been blessed with a good degree of luck. The point that he makes is that no-one owes any of us a career and while I understand your frustration and impatience there are people who have been waiting much longer than you to get work.

What I don’t understand is those who remortgage their property or someone elses property to fund their own training in a recession with no Plan B to fall back on if they are not well connected in an airline or on some sort of tagged scheme or pseudo sponsorship scheme.

Rant over back to the RYR discussion, good luck to those waiting for interview dates, if there are 8,000 applicants you will need all the luck you can get.