PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 21st May 2012, 13:31
plikee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

VJW - I agree with you, what you say it is true . but you talk like that because you are not in the same situation like most of us, you already HAVE a job .

you say you are in RYR since 2008/2009, where most of the airlines picked a LOT of low timers, such as 200 TT, when you just pay your training and then get hired.

Nowadays, you pay 60k€ or more for your training, don't get a job, have to pay your renewals, still don't have a job a probably you will have to pay to fly, like a TR+LT. Another 60k€ that you have to spend. Did you spend all this money? i don't think so ..

i'm from portugal, the last pilot intake from TAP, the Portuguese carrier, was in February. Minimum requirements: 1000TT . Now i say, how do you expect to be hired when they hired Portuguese, Brazilian, Spanish, even Italian pilots ? Where in some countries, like Brazil, they don't hire other than Brazilian, by law enforcement? That is just sad ..

You are all the same, fresh CPL/IR's recently printed with minimum hours, in an industry that owes you nothing
When you got hired, did they own you anything? of course not, you were in the same situation . so what was the difference between me and you? Just tell me.

i'm not a moaner, i'm not expecting to hired by an airliner soon. Aviation is NOT ONLY RYR and other airlines, there are aerial work and other stuff but the reality is that even those, they do not want us, newbie pilots.

the thing about RYR it is our best shot, even if we have to pay our TR, we would recover that money in one year, and the best part - we have a pilot job !

sorry about this post but all pilots who have a pilot job, always say 'welcome to the real world', bla bla bla .. you know the real world of the pilot who is employed, but i think you don't have a real perception of the world of those who search and seek for a pilot job nowadays ..

[EDIT]: minor errors

Last edited by plikee; 21st May 2012 at 13:37.