PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - canberra flying
Thread: canberra flying
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 12:16
Jackonicko

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I’d be very keen to get in touch with lpmunroh43, who wrote the following on 25 January last year (post number 48). Does anyone know him, or know where he might be contacted?

He has no post count, is labelled as 'guest' and there's no way of sending him a PM.

I'm a former RAF armourer 1957-1980. My first op. unit after trade training was at RAF Binbrook, part of which was in ASF servicing the Canberra's of 9,12 and 139 squadrons.

From there, after only one years operational experience, I was detatched to No.14 Sqn. RNZAF who were collecting their shiny, factory fresh Canberra B12s. My job was to do some mods. on the bomb beam and fuzing units plus general second line servicing. All of this as an SAC Arm. Mech.(Bombs.)

In the mid-1960s, while on the Javelin OCU at Leuchars, finally got a trip in one. We had T11s to train the baby navigators in the mysteries of AI. Perched on the Rumbold seat, complete with chest 'chute, I spent a wonderful hour or so chuntering around Scotland.

Was also at Marham for the disbandment of 39 Sqn. That final low level pass over the hangar and then spiralling up into the mid-day sun was a fitting farewell to a great aircraft.

My wife's late first husband, Dick Hayward flew Canberra's with 10 Sqn. before going onto Valiants.

Last edited by Jackonicko; 21st May 2012 at 12:17.