PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Review
Thread: EK Pay Review
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 08:28
CR9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look guys, the fact of the matter is EK is a pretty good place to weather out the economic storm but really nothing more. While most of you have a point anyone that doesn't see Emirates for what it is, is either blind or in denial. Unfortunately EK has become nothing more than a low cost with wide bodies. We have zero work rules, unreliable rosters-meaning our hours and days off are completly at the companies whim, health insurance while good to some of you is really quite crap and full of holes by my standards, no pay for block time (all that circling at desdi is free), I won't go on but we are all painfully aware of the issues. Anyone arguing that EK is the best airline or even compares to US or EU legacys has got a serious case of heat stroke. Most of us I think would like to at least entertain the idea of being able to stay here for a while but I'm afraid with our current conditions it would be a death sentence, literally. For those that don't believe me, take a look at an old study that was done by ALPA (I believe) in the States about FedEx pilots. Back in the 80's/early 90's they were doing flying similar to ours, ie 85+hrs a month with 70% at night, anyway the study found that a large majority were dead within 5years of retirement. I wish that fate upon no one soo good luck to you all amigo's