PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying after bumping the wing during taxi
Old 21st May 2012, 08:24
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goldeneaglepilot

Firstly I did not criticize the person who started this post, all he did was report the incident and ask a few questions about fixed wing aircraft.

I think that by informing ATC and getting the pilot to stop and inspect the aircraft he acted in the correct way, by objection is to the uninformed posts that have been made by people who have not had a chance to look at the aircraft and have not the first idea of the scope of the damage.
Please remember that the pilot has had a chance to look at the damage and decide what he wants to do, I don't have the luxury of seeing the damage ( like most of the forum that have commented above) and so am not in a position to comment due to not having the data to do so.

I am deliberately playing devils advocate here simply because I see a growing tendency on these forums to jump to uninformed conclusions ( the worst are the drunk pilot threads!).

I would rather like to think that pilots would take a balanced view of things once all the facts were avalable but it would seem that in the days of 24 hour rolling news we are all expecting instant answers and so descending to the standard of the likes of The Daily Mail in what is written in these pages.