PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay To Close Bases
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 03:51
Westcoastcapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answers for Liam

Liam G,

I don't mind answering your questions in the least. It is rather nice to interact at a mature level.

First, yes it is against my COS to PX me on the freighter. I was once rostered to do so and called CC and said I won't as I flew pax and was quickly taken off and sent on Alaskan Airlines. Much better really.

To answer your second question, I think you have to answer first whether you have signed the waiver. If you have, then you are stuck.

First a little history. Tornado will probably say I'm wrong but again it is the facts. There is very little labour law in Hong kong, but what there is, is very good. CX cannot just change your contract unless it is an outright improvement. Yes, they can force a pay raise on you without your consent, but not a pay cut. No, they cannot force you to take unpaid leave. Our contract is very clear, last in first out. That is why they always bundle something good with something bad, just to get you to sign. So, if you have to sign it, I would suggest it is not to your benefit.

Hope this helps.