PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay To Close Bases
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 03:38
Westcoastcapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sad!

For Tornado Ali,

As I reread my posts I don't recall ever using any derogatory terms to describe my colleagues. I may disagree with your posts but I don't need to resort to name calling. Rather sad really, you probably think you are really something. I just stated an account of the history and if you decide to disagree that is your perogative. If you decide to check the facts you may find that I am indeed correct on many of the points.

Your colleague is indeed quite correct that in Canada you do not have to belong to the union, but you are required to pay the dues. It is called the Rand Formula and it is to prevent exactly what occurs here in Hong Kong. Again Tornado may call me a moron but after the 49er debacle many of our colleagues abandoned the HKAOA because they didn't want to pay the increased subs to aid our colleagues who lost their jobs. Again, it was many who talked with great bravado who were the first to abandon ship.

The Crofts case in the UK was the impetus for CX to go onshore as the UK courts found that Mr Crofts was indeed employed in the UK and subject to UK labour law. You may find that we are indeed employed in Canada and subject to Canadian Labour law. Why do you think negotiations have gone so well?

Quite frankly I don't care what many of you decide as I have no intention of going along with it, no matter what the HKAOA decides. I have seen the results of anonymity firsthand and believe me it is full of selfinterest.

Just to wrap up, I once recall a colleague belittling another colleague behind his back. Rather sad really, like an 8 year old schoolboy. I bet him he didn't have the courage to say it to the individual's face. He didn't.
Enough said.