PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pointless SH/WSOp Pay Change
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 13:48
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking as some one who knows a great deal about the history and practice of AEOps/WSOPs pay banding reviews...may I offer a little advice and perspective....

If that is indeed the case then you should, as a team, put together a convincing case and when individuals are selected for interview, they are all singing from the same hymn sheet. If you present a solid case your command structure can fight your corner but don’t expect them to do all the work for you.
Spot on...this will work (as it did in 2001)

A few guys sitting down and evaluating exactly what you do that impresses any audit of duties should not be too difficult but the flip side of this is that military guys all take their skills for granted and do not like flag waving.
Good advice from the two-winged master race. Again, we did this in 2001.

Although SH is more of a manual job it is ridiculous to penalise them when they do more on deployed ops than the rest of the RAF. I don't know if it is fair now they are all WSOPs to stream them into different jobs on different pay scales.
Keep anyone who thinks like this, talks like this, or behaves like this a million miles for the evaluators. In the 1989 fiasco, no attention or preparation was accorded to those interviewed, with the resultant big fat fail. And yes I know that "technically" those chosen for interview are "randomly" selected, which is why you get the branch sponsor/desk officer/flight commanders onside...again as we did in 2001.

Bottom line, you can line up all the key players, work as a team, and really go for it...or you can be downbanded.

Willard Whyte...what sort of D1ckhead are u?