PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stall Spin Awareness/Recovery
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 13:25
Armchairflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace: For me it is vital to teach pilots being beyond the limits in all flight regimes.
No provocation intended, but that wouldn't include intentionally exceeding the flight envelope limits, would it?

Concerning racing experience and road safety, most findings I am aware of do not report a better safety record for racing drivers, rather the reverse. I neither doubt your abilities nor that you averted an accident as a result of your skills, but maybe other people achieve the same result by judgment without having to revert to superior skills? (Again, no personal offense meant!)

Having said that I agree that having a bit of firsthand experience under instruction on quickly recognizing trouble and getting out of it knowing what to do is a valuable thing ... within the limits, at least for me, though.

BTW, I found it interesting to read that even (or rather: of all pilots?) a pilot with the experience, knowledge and skills of DAR claims to be somewhat leery of spins unless "necessary" and with all safety precautions (http://www.pprune.org/flying-instruc...ml#post7194881).