PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request input from Air Nuigini and Airlines PNG aircrew.
Old 20th May 2012, 09:56
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses Mach Twelve and E&H As far as the routing itself, I'm not in much of a position to affect our policy on that. About all I can do it try to make sure that we're communicating with other traffic, and are on the correct frequencies in the correct places. I'm certainly open to suggestions on that score on how I might make things easier/better/safer for all concerned. For the record, our normal routing is direct from Nadzab to the initial fix on the cloudbreak procedure at Tari. This route coincides with the NZ 270 degree radial, and passes 20 NM south of Goroka and 28 NM south of Hagen. I realize that a position report relative to those points is pretty much worthless to other traffic. I always try to give my position relative to Goroka, Hagen, Moro, or occasionally Yobal when talking to traffic climbing out of Hagen on that track. Thanks for the positive comments regarding Tari ops. That is a very busy little bit of airspace. I'll confess to being a little lost there at first, what with all the local place names in the traffic calls, especially from the helicopter guys. I've got a pretty good handle on where things are in the Tari area now, but it's still not relaxing.

Last edited by A Squared; 20th May 2012 at 10:02.