PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Australia Certificate II in Flight Operations (Cabin Crew)
Old 20th May 2012, 08:47
sitruce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA hopefuls.

Hi there,

I see no one has posted on this thread for a while... however I'd just like to add some comments for people who might be considering this course as a step to gaining employment in the aviation industry.

I'm currently employed by Skywest and operate for Virgin Australia on the regional ATR flights. As we're a fairly new operation there's currently around 40+ cc operating out of BNE and CBR bases. I would say around 1/2 of the cc have taken the AA course if not recently then 2 or 3 years ago. They all say that the course was amazing, well worth the money, and the sole reason they are now flying.

I personally didn't take the course as I had previous flying experience and saw the AA course as a waste of time and money. As some of the previous posts mention, some airlines are more likely to hire AA graduates. I believe Skywest might be one of those airlines so if you are considering applying for skywest and have a spare $5000 perhaps you could take the course. However, talking to my colleagues about the other AA graduates in their classes it seems that very few of them get flying jobs at other airlines.

As most of the other posts mention, you would be much better off gaining customer service experience and doing first aid/CPR courses in your own time as you can learn about meal services/EPS etc in ground school.

Hope this helps!

Happy flying!