PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash near Bude, Cornwall: 24th July 2011
Old 20th May 2012, 08:07
Hughes500

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Silsoe

Like your idea, i would actually take it further, not call it crm to the private pilot but call it " captaincy". As crm to the average pilot means multi crew in the professional world! I would link it, like an opc to the yearly lpc, difficult I know, when quite often you are checking people you have never flown with before and with no idea of their history ( although this can be a good thing).

Brings me on nicely to the 5 hours of instrument appreciation which is about to be dropped by EASA to the hours required to compete a 180 degree turn under the hood +/- 150 ft. Up to now I have worried about instrument appreciation. I have tended to spend a couple of hours flying in bad weather, thick haze on sunny days etc etc to show ppl's how easy it can be to loose it and what to do, at what point it is better to turn back or land.
However for some this is a licence to get press onitis because I have " been taught " what to do
Perhaps the answer is a sim where these things can be truly tested, but that would put an end to private flying from a cost point of view. oh to be in an ideal world !!
SS safe flying to you