PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 07:55
foldingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle

However, I remain of the opinion that the meagre content of the flypast was indeed pathetic. Indicative of the run down state of the operational strength of the UK Armed Forces:

No C17s
No Sentinels
No E-3Ds
No TriStar
2 Tornados
2 C130
1 VC10
Busy on Ops?

Anyway, BEagle, it exceeded your expectations in #4, so you should be happy!

Perhaps the Diamond Jubilee flypast might run to the BBMF, Reds and 4 TypHoons? But that's probably about all...
Who in their right mind chose Eddie Butler, who is a cr@p rugby commentator anyway, to be one of the presenters of this magnificent parade and flypast by our Armed Services? The BBC should be ashamed, the sound quality was shocking (particularly for the marching bands), the commentators were vague, ignorant and badly prepared, the introduction of school children and their paintings had b*gger all to do with the troops (which is what it was all about) and, as for Butler, he couldn't recognise a regiment cap badge if it was staring him in the face! He was clearly reading from a sheet of facts and participants but I don't think he once managed to coordinate it with what was actually on the screen. 'The Army Air Corps' says he with not a blue beret visible on TV at that point!

A great day for our Armed Forces and Her Majesty!

A Shocker for the BBC who should hang their corporate head in shame!

Foldie

PS. If this has all been said before on the previous pages then I merely add weight!

Last edited by foldingwings; 20th May 2012 at 08:00.