PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 07:31
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
A fantastic effort and BZ (is that the correct expression and could the gentlemen in the Press Gallery please make a note of my comment?) to all involved, whether marching or flying. This was a tribute from the people the Queen admires above all others to their Commander in Chief, for 60 years of unrelenting duty done. I should just like to add mine, thank you Ma'am!
As to what I think of the Beeb's coverage, it spelled out succinctly the corporate attitude of disdain it has for the military and Royalty; absolute rubbish! No amount of script writing or informed "helpers" will ever turn that around. How have we got ourselves into the position where the broadcaster charged with covering the great national events of this country has such contempt for its traditions and values? I would genuinely prefer Sky or ITV be given the job. At least they would simply bring a commercial attitude with them instead of all the insouciant baggage displayed by the Dimblebys and now, it seems, the Snows. So much more interesting going back indoors to hear what inanity Fiona is about to utter than simply listen to the bands and watch the parade. Grrr!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 20th May 2012 at 07:33.