PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 05:18
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

There are a couple of junior B767 captains - pole smoking company men - who are telling all and sundry that 'The Company wants to do a deal with AIPA over the B787, its going to happen soon !!!!"
Haven't heard that one myself although I've heard variations of it. I've heard that the pilot negotiators and the company lawyer are keen to do a deal (on everything) but are being stymied from above- read Oldmeadow, Strambi, Joyce, et al. Have heard a couple of various that the company would agree to A330 or A330 minus a percent or two for the 787 contingent on a couple of other issues (not sure what the 'other issues' are). Haven't heard anyone suggest that the deal will be done prior to arbitration. Certainly anyone who has been to one of the recent AIPA briefings wouldn't be under that illusion. Have heard that pay rises and back pay may be agreed prior to arbitration- similarly contingent on 'other issues'- but I can't see that occurring. The company would be salivating at the prospect of a couple year pay freeze for us.

I'm wondering who these 'pole smoking company men' junior 767 drivers are. As I look through the list of junior 767 crew there aren't too many who would be considered 'company men' let alone the 'pole smoking' type. Then again, given how infrequently I work these days I've no doubt that I'm at least three weeks behind the times at the moment!