PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular in Canada or Intergrated in Europe
Old 20th May 2012, 02:33
737-NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you are looking at things a little too simply here. Future of aviation in Asia, oh yes definately, but in Europe, think again. Europe is actually the past of aviation, as even low cost airlines are now slowing expansion. Besides what is the point of spending 100000€ for a licence that will give you a 10% chance of being employed, and only after you have been through selections and paid an additional 30000€ for a type?

If I were you I'd get the cheapest possible licence and work my way from there. That is, if being a pilot was REALLY the only thing I wanted to do, and not just a temporary desire.

While you have those 6 months off from work , go to the U.SA., get a CPL for $40-50000, that will leave you with enough cash to convert, and even buy yourself a type (I wouldn't do it, at least not without a firm job offer) and build a few extra hours.

Anyway, bottom line is you have to pay your dues someway, somehow, whether it be funding your training from zero to hero like in EU, or building tons of hours with crappy pay like in the US (where the airlines pay for your TR). Don't be like those youngsters, expecting a RHS in an A-320 just because they paid an expensive school and sat in a class being fed irrelevant theory for 6 months. Even in EU, most people don't start their career on a jet. Wake up and smell the coffee my friend!