PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Airlines Upgrades !!
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2012, 23:18
viperstings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Atlantic_Conveyor Hit the nail on the head ! I know they have a pool of pilots ready to hand over 17k for the type rating if they read this DON'T DO IT!!! Look at it this way 17K for a Turboprop rating at a company which will give you 350 max hours a year if you lucky and we are the only company to operate the ATP so what other use outside AA does it have ? Now if you did not have to pay I would say take it !! but for a extra 7k you can go to ryanair and get a well worth TR money better spent along with better wages !! Also once you go down the TP route its hard to get yourself out into a jet job !! The minute I get the chance I am out of here and trust me I am trying everyday to move on like the rest of the pilots here, and I can see in the very near future AA will have a massive under crewing problem but I am looking forward to it as more hours for me Atlantic used to be well respected in the industry but how things change and its all down to management. as for pay look at pilot jobs network at all the other TP operators in the industry and you will see the pay difference salary wise its about 5kpa more ! ah well moan over least I have a job and did not have to pay for my TR unlike the poor chaps trying to get on now days.