PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash near Bude, Cornwall: 24th July 2011
Old 19th May 2012, 18:13
Hughes500

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Silsoe

Sorry mate really dont know where you are coming from here. Any good instructor will tell his students to talk themselves through the flight ( yes ask any of mine to see if i have taught them that) Why dont you answer the question reference the owners and what you would do to improve things. From what i have seen so far you sit on a hobby horse preaching but cant come up with a sensible practical answer other than crm. Sorry it is not for the private owner, he has few people to look up to and get advice from look at chopjock. I have passed chopjock on an LPC, he handles the machine very very well, as to his attitude I will leave that to his posts and replies. The point being I could fail him ( and have a reg 6 appeal) but it does not stop him from flying ( licence or no current licence), i can pass him on handling the helicopter but if he chooses to fly in less than 1500m and 500ft away then you, me the archbishop of canterbury cannot stop him.
All we can do is preach to those who wish to listen, even then crm is the classic subjective/objective thing. Can you actually pass or fail someone on crm, not really. Yes in a public transport company as head of training or chief pilot you can stop things or try and change attitudes. Outside that it aint going to happen.
If you were Fred Cross chief helicopter examiner with a free hand with EASA what would you change ?