PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash near Bude, Cornwall: 24th July 2011
Old 19th May 2012, 16:24
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Devil

AnFi: I can't imagine letting you loose in a classroom full of newbie's. On the one hand you preach that the art/science that is the ability to identify oncoming danger cannot be taught ("like walking"), yet you obfuscate with a list of miscellaneous useless data (M.U.D) and confuse the listener even more about what to do???
Let me compare the problem (yet again) to another very real and very accurate analogy:
A 17yr old is taught to drive and then successfully pass their driving test. And for the next few weeks they BLINDINGLY and faithfully go forward and drive at night, on the motorway, in heavy rain/sleet or snow, in heavy traffic.......and 99% of them survive. Why is that? Have they been shown the way Have they had CRM lessons for cars Of course not - they fall back on a mixture of instinct and an inherent desire to survive at all costs.
This too, happens in the aviation world, where the PPL is taken so far by the apparatus and then released into the big bad world. The gene pool does the rest.
I really don't know where you are going with this relentless mantra of yours.....it is as if....after a while....you will expose the true meaning of life to the aviation world. {All hail AnFI}.
Or maybe not

Chopjock: I love you. Every post a cracker. What an attractive ethos:
When in doubt keep going...just in case it gets better. Don't turn back "too early".
And the piece de resistance: Fly low and slow....Mmmmmm poetry in motion. Another one please? Pretty please.....[Senior Pilot can you invent a smilie for Wa*ker?]

Last edited by Thomas coupling; 19th May 2012 at 16:28.