PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Review
Thread: EK Pay Review
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2012, 13:08
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually AC, I wouldn't get out of bed for the 'massive' $270 per hour you mention buddy!!

Just had a look at my yearly pay on HR Direct and NOT taking into account the bonus last year I earned a shade under 800K dhs with the accommodation allowance.

I have flown around 650 hours in the last year and assuming say 20% back tax, my hourly pay is equivalent just over $400 per hour

I believe we had this conversation a year or so ago and I shall point out the same thing, I understand that there will be some sort of retainer or minimum earning hours built into their contracts, but what if your Delta buddy broke his leg and couldn't fly for a few months? Or worse still was off long term sick.... would Delta still be paying him full salary for up to 1 year? Thought not!

Don't get me wrong, things aren't perfect here and there are better packages out there (Delta ain't one of them though!!!), but it isn't as bad as you believe it is.

I also realise that you may have been 'duped' into joining EK by a former American manager and feel let down, but please for the sake of your sanity just look at it with a positive slant for a change