PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield open for singles..?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2002, 22:22
SuperOwl

Hi everyone,

Just for your information, I live approx. 1.5 miles from Sheffield City Airport. My house is also 400 yards left of the centre of the approach for runway 28. I have not seen or heard a single engine aircraft on the approach or climb out ever (come to think of it I can't remember the last time I saw or heard anything other than the Police 'copter).

I have looked at the pictures on the Sheffield Aviation website and I can saw that one of the pictures of the single engine aircraft looks like it was taken at Sheffield City. Obviously I missed the occasion that this aircraft MAY have landed at Sheffield.

What I will do is go to EGSY at the weekend and check out if this "Sheffield Aviation" does exist and also if single engine operations have been approved. I'll let you all know either in this thread or by starting a new one.

Merry Christmas all!

SuperOwl (up the Owls!)

P.S. I have (jokingly) thought of a poll. One of my neighbours is a NIMBY and also goes caravanning...

"Is he a tw@t or not?"

(No offence to caravanners who do not hold traffic up at bank holidays, unlike those who although being retired have all bloody year to go on holiday but STILL insist on going away when everybody else does!) O.K. Rant over

P.P.S. Its my birthday tomorrow! (20th Dec)